Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween Baking...

I really want to get better at baking, cookies, cupcakes all the sweet fancy things in life!!! I've been following a few other blogs that have so many great ideas! When it comes to cookie decorating there amazing. I hope to improve on my techniques.


I haven't found a sugar cookie recipe I love so right now my secret weapon is the Betty Crocker Mix in a bag, although I follow different directions. On some packages it is shown as the Cut Out Cookie Recipe others it's not there at all.


*It's basically 1/3 Cup Butter Instead of the whole Stick and a tablespoon of Flour. Even though it's not shown in the directions I find it a must to put the dough in the fridge for a few minutes before rolling out. Seems to not be as sticky! Also I find by already having the bulk of ingredients on hand and ready to go it means you have more time to decorate!

The ABSOLUTE best part of baking is having Layla Girl Help!!! She Loves It!



Here's the Process - Bake - Frost with Plain White Royal Icing - Then Use the Frosting Tubes Below

Get Creative Start by drawing simple circle's then use a tooth pick to connect the lines together!

Really an easy method with great results!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment